Click here to close
New Message Alert
Good advice


Good advice  

  Click Here to have an E-mail Sent to you when a new message is added to this thread
Author: Exactly.   Date: 2/4/2019 2:11:53 PM  +7/-0   Show Orig. Msg (this window) Or  In New Window

That's exactly it. Document and document well. I document every declined flight with actual weather data and screenshots straight into a private folder, like someone above mentioned. And i religously fill out a proper debrief log that everyone signs at the conclusion of every flight. If at some point there was the rare question or a gray area during the flight that i think might lead to any doubt, i let my boss and my boss' boss know about it. I've seen pilots that didn't, and by the time it reached the regional manager's ears, it was the paramedic version, filled with drama, hyperbole and untruth.
Flying is the easy part of this job. The far more challenging part is the people. 95% of med crew are good folks. But that remaining 5% can make life miserable at a base.
Bottom line.... document and document well and accurately. It might save your job. Not a gaurantee, but you'll stand alot better chance if it comes down to a fight with a bad med "crew".
 
Reply    Return-To-Index     Display Full Msg Thread   Rules of Engagement   Terms of Use

Three to go +38/-2 Netflix 2/4/2019 2:37:38 AM